NHSS 12ab Click Link
NHSS 12c Click Link
WQS provides NHSS 12d consultancy for installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management on rural and urban roads
Any company wishing to deploy traffic management will need to be registered with LANTRA for the relevant national highway sector scheme. There are certain key elements required for all traffic management approvals:-
- ISO 9001 quality management system, through a UKAS certification body.
- NHSS 12d traffic management accreditation through a UKAS approved certification body (for rural and urban roads)
- LANTRA-trained staff: operatives, supervisors and Traffic Safety Control Officer (TSCO)
- Documented procedures: to apply best practice to the methods used to safely operate
- Method statements and work instruction packs: including drawings of proposed road layouts
- Records to provide evidence of correct set-up and maintenance
- Risk assessments: which need to be carried out for every job
- Traffic counts plus any site maintenance needed
- Incident, accidents and “near miss” reports
- Vehicle check records, prior to their use
- Equipment used list: ensure all signs are accounted for when the traffic requirement is removed
- LANTRA cards carried by all operatives while onsite.
Typical process flow of set-up for NHSS12d accreditation.
For installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management on rural and urban roads
Copyright WQS 2014